4 February 2014

Chur Burger, Sydney

Pulled pork burger - $10

Lately I've had some major burger cravings - probably because I don't think a day goes by without a burger appearing on my instagram feed! I'd heard about the awesome burgers at Chur and I can't believe it's taken me this long to check it out. I mean look at that beauty of a pulled pork burger! The pork is tender and juicy from the house made BBQ sauce and the generous slathering of mayo and there's some cabbage slaw there for crunch.

Crumbed fish burger - $10
I wish I had the stomach space to eat more than one burger but I could only take a bite of Sir D's pulled pork burger since I'd ordered the crumbed fish fillet burger. The crunchy fish fillet was sandwiched by the same soft brioche bun as the pulled pork burger, and I was wowed by the crispy batter and the way the fish stayed moist and flaky in the middle. This burger also had a nice balance of flavours with a tangy lemon mayo and some pickled cucumber.

Grilled beef burger - $10

And you can't go to a burger joint without trying the classic beef burger. Chur Burger keeps it simple with a grilled beef patty, tomato jam, mustard mayo, pickles and some gooey melted cheese. The beef is cooked to a nice medium but you can also request it to another done-ness if you like. This one is definitely up there with my favourite beef burger from Ribs & Burgers!

Crispy quail eggs (1/2 dozen) - $10

If burgers aren't your thing, then you're crazy then there's other things on the menu as well, like these cute-as-a-button crispy quail eggs which hail from Warren Turnbull's District Dining menu. The crumbed and fried quail eggs are served in a little egg carton with a tarragon mayo dipping sauce on the side. Learn from our mistakes and pop the whole thing in your mouth, because the yolks are gooey and you risk getting yolk splatter on you!

BBQ chicken wings - $10

The BBQ chicken wings are worth getting your hands dirty for, because the sticky BBQ sauce really is finger lickin' good. The wings are mildly spicy and come with a blue cheese dipping sauce. The sauce is great for dipping the chilli salt fries into as well.

Chilli salt fries - $5

We dined on a Friday night and get there early if you can because it gets real busy real fast. We arrived a little after 6 and shared a table with others, but soon there was a line snaking out the door for a seat. I'll definitely be back when that burger craving hits again!


CHUR Burger
48 Albion St
Surry Hills NSW 2010
Ph: +61 2 9212 3602
Open Monday 11.30am-5pm, Tuesday to Saturday 11.30am-10pm.


View Larger Map

Chur Burger on Urbanspoon

9 comments:

  1. Oh man I've been wanting to come here for ages! The food looks fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a bit over pulled pork but oh man, I want everything else!!! Especially the fish burger - not enough of them around town I say :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha if burgers aren’t your thing, then you’re DEFINITELY crazy

    ReplyDelete
  4. can't go wrong with $10 burgers, and especially if they taste really good! sometimes i wish i could take on more than one burger too..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I reckon the Fish burger is probably Chur Burger's best (other than the beef burger, of course). It's surprisingly fresh, and the pickled cucumber and mayo goes fantastically! Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Chur's Beef Burger. Simple but super tasty! Them wings are so boss!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad they kept the crispy quail eggs from District Dining. They're so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what you mean with the burger cravings, and I'm now craving a burger blog hopping! Still haven't made it to Chur Burger and it looks like I am missing out on some good stuff so need to get there stat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am surprised with all the burger pics floating through social media that we all don't look like burgers!

    I expected the pulled pork to be my favourite, I like it a lot, but the beef burger was the unexpected winner for me. Seriously good burgers.

    ReplyDelete