3 August 2011

MOO Gourmet Burgers, Bondi Beach


I'm not usually one to exercise but one crazy day, Sir D and I were planning on doing the coastal walk from Bondi to Bronte and we had just walked from Bondi Junction to Bondi Beach. Along the way we came across MOO Gourmet Burgers and decided to feed ourselves before tackling the next section of the walk.


MOO Gourmet Burgers in Bondi is a small shop on Campbell Parade just at the start of Bondi Beach. It's painted in white and has bovine paraphernalia plastered on some of the walls, kids drawings on another wall and a chalkboard on the side that has been drawn on by diners. The place has a slight American diner feel to it, with several milkshake makers along the back and counter seating. Orders are placed at the counter, and you're given a number which you take to your table.

MOOteaser - $6.50

When I see the flavours of the MOO shakes, I can't help but order the MOOteaser shake since Malteasers are one of my favourite chocolates! The shake arrives in a tall glass (though I was hoping to get one of those silver milkshake cups) with chocolate sauce around the side of the glass. You can definitely taste the malty, chocolatey flavour of the Malteasers but I'm left wishing that there were a few more chunks and a stronger malt flavour overall - more Malteasers I say, more!

Black and White Burger - $14.50


The Black and White Burger is one of their signature burgers, and though it doesn't look like anything much, the fried egg makes all the difference!

Black and White Burger - $14.50

Piercing the egg yolk with a knife makes the gooey yolk innards run down the side of the burger and oh what a lovely sight it is! The Angus beef patty is thin but juicy and I love the thick slab of mozzarella which is melted over the beef. The tomato relish and home-made mayonnaise bring all the elements of the burger together with a bit of sweetness and creaminess.

Classic Beef Burger - $10.50

Sir D opts for the classic beef burger and he is not disappointed. It doesn't look as impressive minus the egg but is just as tasty, and at least he can actually finish his whereas I struggle to finish my burger, leaving half of the bread on the plate.


So yes, that burger and shake probably undid all the exercise I did that day, but at least I was well fed for the rest of my walk and my burger was super tasty. That's all that matters, right?

MOO Gourmet Burgers
70A Campbell Pde
Bondi Beach NSW 2026
Ph: +61 2 9300 8898
Open everyday from 11am
Surcharge of $1.50pp applies on public holidays

Other locations: Coogee and Newtown


View Larger Map

MOO Gourmet Burgers on Urbanspoon

12 comments:

  1. love the shot of the oozie egg! have been wanting to try this place - i love a good burger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Jacq! That is one gorgeous milkshake and oh my my .. love runny fried eggs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Maltesers too! Those burgers look massive so it's definitely a fork and knife job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You deserved a reward for all that walking! I'm a fan of maltesers too. Can you believe the last few times I've ordered a chocolate milkshake there was no added malt option? Unbelievable (can you tell I'm sore about it ha ha?).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh that walk is so nice on a warm sunny day (lots of good photoops too!) and those MOO shakes are very nicely done mmmm

    PS you are racist

    ReplyDelete
  6. whoa the black and white burger looks freakin good! esp the oozy egg on top :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice balance of food and exercise :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The black and white is a small mountain!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Black and White burger is my fave MOO Burger - Though I too struggle to finish and usually leave half a bun left!
    hehe lucky for me I can head to MOO Burger at Newtown without much exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great blog, love the photos! Next time, burgers at MOO Bondi Beach, then walk to MOO at Coogee beach for a MOO Shake, win win!
    Keely, we have always had malt btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heheh, but of course you need to fill up on fuel before a long walk! And that is one sexy, drooling egg yolk shot <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. I go weak in my knees for good burgers... And that mountain of a burger topped with that fried egg pretty much makes me all soft. :D

    ReplyDelete