13 April 2013

Win tickets to Haute Cuisine

HC_A4poster

It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that I count foodie films amongst my favourite movies. Tampopo, Julie & Julia, and Ratatouille are just some of them (and if you haven't seen them, go and watch them!) So I was excited to hear about a new film, Haute Cuisine, which features delicious food, French culture, stunning scenes of the Élysée Palace and truffles!

111004-6576

And what is Haute Cuisine all about? It's a comedy-drama starring Catherine Frot (nominated for a Cesar Award for Best Actress), Jean D'Ormesson and Hippolyte Girardot, and is based on a true story of President François Mitterand's private cook.

111004-6713

In the movie, Hortense Laborie, a renowned chef from the Périgord, is responsible for creating all his meals at the Élysée Palace. Despite jealous resentment from the other kitchen staff, Hortense quickly establishes herself, thanks to her indomitable spirit. The authenticity of her cooking soon seduces the President, but the corridors of power are littered with traps…



Penguin says Feed Me is giving away five double passes to see Haute Cuisine courtesy of TM Publicity, opening in cinemas nationally from April 25. To enter, all you have to do is leave a comment on this post answering the following question:

“If you had a private cook, what one dish would you get them to cook for you?”



Entries close at 10.00pm AEST, Friday 19th April 2013. Five winners will be selected by Sir D based on creativity and entertainment value. You may enter as many times as you like. Please enter a valid email address – this will only be used for the purpose of contacting the winners. Winners will be notified via email. Good luck!

7 comments:

  1. That is such a tough question! Though I would think an endless supply of macarons is very enticing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A duck dish which I don't know what it's called - whole duck stuffed with mixed vegetables and deep fried to a golden crispy skin. I had it as a child when my auntie used to cook this dish and have longed for it ever since. Unfortunately, my auntie has passed away and I don't think I'll ever get to try it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though I'd be tempted to ask for complex dishes with luxurious ingredients like truffles and caviar, I'd love for my private cook to whip up a very lightly battered deep fried milk and deep fried seafood, a Chinese wedding banquet dish that I used to savour when I was a child.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another movie about food, yay!

    If I had a private cook, I would ask him/her to make a beef bourguignon because that's something I could never make myself, even though I was inspired after watching Julie and Julia! And then I would beg them to tell me what the secret to mastering the art of French cooking is ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the advance notice of this movie, Jacq! Even if I don't win your tickets, I will definitely be seeing it!

    I'd test a private cook by having him/her cook a perfect Coq au Vin. The texture of the meat and the strength of flavour of the sauce has to be just right. I was extremely pleased with one I was served a few weeks ago, but I'd still want my private cook to do better. I am a hard marker!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A surprise. Having a private cook means I don't have to think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha fiona you have a 1/6 chance!

    ReplyDelete