1 December 2014

The Burger Shed, Mosman

There's something about a burger that makes it so satisfying. It might be the soft fluffy bun, the juicy meat patty, or the melty, oozy cheese (cheese is a must!) - whatever it is, it always hits the spot. I'm always on the look out for a good burger, so when The Cheerleader (who also loves a good burger) told me about a burger place in Mosman, we headed there quick smart to check it out.


Upon looking at The Burger Shed's menu, I thought it looked strangely familiar... and when I saw the truffle parmesan fries, it hit me that this was one of Justin North's burger joints, and that the menu was similar to the one at Charlie and Co.

Watermelon and ginger crush - $6

Not to worry though, as I do love Charlie and Co's burgers, and there were enough differences between the menus to keep us interested. Like this watermelon and ginger crush, which had a lovely pink blush colour to it and was super refreshing.

BBQ corn, chilli salt butter - $5

Despite being called the Burger Shed, the menu also had some non-burger items like salads, tortilla wraps, desserts and corn! Queen Chu and I both love our corn so this BBQ corn with chilli salt butter was a must.

Vintage Cheeseburger - $9.90
Queen Chu decides to stick to the classics with a vintage cheeseburger - nothing but a beef patty, vintage cheddar cheese, mustard aioli, tomato relish and pickles. The beef patties at The Burger Shed are a mix of fullblood Wagyu and grass fed Angus beef, which makes them pretty tasty with a nice mix of fat and meat.

Caramel butter popcorn shake - $6

And of course a classic partner in crime to the cheeseburger is a milkshake - but don't expect the usual flavours of chocolate, strawberry and vanilla here. I spy a caramel butter popcorn shake on the menu and have to order it. I'm glad I do because despite it filling up my stomach pretty quickly, the sweet and buttery flavour comes through really well and it tastes amazing!

Grilled chicken burger - $12

The Cheerleader opts for a grilled chicken burger, which has a flame grilled chicken breast, iceberg lettuce, tomato, coleslaw and a smoked paprika mayonnaise. The chicken breast fillet has managed to stay tender and moist, and the paprika mayonnaise lends a nice creamy texture to go with the chicken and salad.

"The Classic" Shed burger - $12

I'm intrigued by the inclusion of miso in the Classic Shed Burger. This burger has the same juicy beef patty as the cheeseburger, but has cheese, miso, BBQ onions, tomato relish and pickles. I can't really taste much of a miso flavour, but I do like the melty cheese and the sweetness of the onions.

Truffle and parmesan fries - $6

There's no question about whether parmesan and truffle fries are going to be ordered. It's pretty much a staple whenever we go to one of Justin North's burger joints. They're exactly how we remember them from Charlie & Co - the whiff of truffle oil as the fries are placed on the table, the crisp outsides of the fries, and the sprinkling of parmesan on top.

So how does this place stack up? It's not my favourite burger place in Sydney, but if I was around the Mosman area and was craving a burger, The Burger Shed would definitely be the first port of call.

The Burger Shed
914 Military Road
Mosman NSW 2088
Ph: +61 2 8021 9262
Open 7 days from 11.30am to 8pm (9pm on Thursdays to Saturdays)



The Burger Shed on Urbanspoon

8 comments:

  1. Oh my god that cheese... and the fries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The classic shed burger looks and sounds interesting with the miso in the cheese! Would totally have it with that caramel butter popcorn shake! Nice photos as always Jacq!

    ReplyDelete
  3. woah woah caramel butter popcorn shake?!?! WANT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been meaning to make the trek over the bridge and check this place out. The vintage cheeseburger looks pretty good!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Caramel butter popcorn shake, that's insane! GIVE ME!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbecued corn is a must order for me every time I see it on the menu. Without a barbecue at home, I just can't replicate it so I have to indulge when I'm out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wahh look at the cheese melt all over the patty...

    ReplyDelete